For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope.....

...for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. Romans 8:24-25
While most people start a blog at the beginning of their adoption journey I find myself putting together one at the end. Why? It can be answered by the first question they ask you when you start to put together the blog..."Title for your blog?" That was enough to stop me. Something so personal...what should my blog say? I knew it should express HOPE. Knowing there is hope in every situation, at every place in your life and that hope can never run out. We're adding to our family again: a little girl named Amisha. She will have spent her first three years in an orphanage this coming October 10th. I wonder if she held on to hope... she has a condition called schizencephaly. Her time here on earth will be determined by complications as time passes. For now we will bring her home, love her and hope....

Saturday, November 22, 2008

We are all girl.




Yesterday, Friday, we had our appt. at the International Adoption Clinic. The first appt. is just a general check over and developmental testing. Nothing to report right now because labs won't be back for a while. She is all over healthy and the physical therapist was really impressed by what she is able to do. Amisha had an uncooperative attitude understandably. They had Kyle and I, 2 therapists and the interpreter-an Indian interpreter for her appt.....she looked at him as if he was nuts and so did I. Oh, I hope I don't have to pay above insurance for that-all in a small room. They were asking her to stack blocks, sort items etc. Every time they would ask her to complete a task, she would just stare at them and then pause and push it back at them. I knew she could do everything she was asked but didn't want to. I say good for her.
She is so determined. She wants to put all of her own clothes on. She can put on her pants, socks, and shoes and even her coat. With one hand...seriously I don't know if I can and we have set the bar high for our older brothers. It was so sweet when we got home because she was so happy to be here. She just kept on hugging Kyle and I. She has a serious sassy attitude when she wants to. Yesterday when she went potty and wiped she threw the tissue and it hit my face. Oh, we're so cute. There is a definite femine side to her. You'll notice in the pictures that she is sleeping with her purse. We don't go anywhere without it. When the boys leave a mess she stops and picks it up and puts it in her purse and moves on. She was brushing her teeth today and I saw her look at herself in the mirror and she stopped and fixed her hair and then kept on brushing. OK, we could not be any more adorable!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,

Amisha is all girl for sure!!!

She already looks so much healthier and happier since you brought her home.

What a blessing to have her settle in with the family in such a short time. I believe she realizes already how lucky she is to have all of you. Yeah! Smart little girl.

Grandma Judy

Cindy said...

So sweet--and I love the determination in these little ones...good for Amisha.

I love the purse too--my little Emy is also ALL GIRL--what a future we have in store for us, huh?

Sheri said...

Amisha is beautiful!! What a smile!! I love her ribbon.
I am looking forward to meeting you and getting Maya and Amisha together!
Sheri

Peter and Nancy said...

I wonder if the Indian interpreter was speaking Bengali? It's not a very common language -- or maybe Amisha just pretended . . . sassy is right! A sign of intelligence, I'm sure!
-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)