For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope.....

...for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. Romans 8:24-25
While most people start a blog at the beginning of their adoption journey I find myself putting together one at the end. Why? It can be answered by the first question they ask you when you start to put together the blog..."Title for your blog?" That was enough to stop me. Something so personal...what should my blog say? I knew it should express HOPE. Knowing there is hope in every situation, at every place in your life and that hope can never run out. We're adding to our family again: a little girl named Amisha. She will have spent her first three years in an orphanage this coming October 10th. I wonder if she held on to hope... she has a condition called schizencephaly. Her time here on earth will be determined by complications as time passes. For now we will bring her home, love her and hope....

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Don't let the smile fool you.........


We are slowly finding out all the beautiful talents that Amisha has: she can laugh, cry, scream (very loudly), tease, open bottles, run, is potty trained, smile a lot, climb stairs, feed herself, has fantastic motor skills with her right hand (already colored all over a phone) and has a decided sense of fashion. The poor little dear is really homesick. When she is awake all she does is cry. Seeing that her days and nights are mixed up the crying starts around 2 a.m. and just ended at 1:15 p.m. She does rest when Kyle is holding her though I am still the evil culprit who snatched her from her home. With all that said, she is sooooo perfect. All I want to do is hug and kiss her, but won't let me!!! Little does she know I love a fight!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry that she doesn't want you to hold her. I know its hard. Prasun also likes to color on the floor.

Pam said...

I'm sorry it's such a struggle. Thinking and praying for you. (We met Amisha 1/07 when we picked up our Micah.)

theheartofachild said...

I think you have one smart little girl on your hands! You and Kyle are the perfect parents for her, and she is so blessed to be in your family. I know you are blessed as well. God has a great plan that way, doesn't he!

I just LOVE this picture!!!!!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. I hope you keep the postings coming. I know there are a few of us at Starbucks following your blog closely. I love your attitude, strength and faith. Please know that I think of you often. Amisha has no idea what she is in for...and what a wonderful ride it will be. I look forward to meeting her.
Gwen

Peter and Nancy said...

These first few weeks sound like they're so hard on the "older" kids, and on their mamas! You have a terrific attitude, and an understanding heart. Hoping the tears end soon!
-- Nancy (Anya Rashi's mama)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,

It was so nice to visit today and see you holding Amisha. I loved her smile and the sparkle in her eyes. You can tell she already feels the love you have for her. She is a very smart little girl.
I will pray that you, Kyle, and Amisha will be able to get a good night's sleep soon.

Proud of you,
Mom