For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope.....

...for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. Romans 8:24-25
While most people start a blog at the beginning of their adoption journey I find myself putting together one at the end. Why? It can be answered by the first question they ask you when you start to put together the blog..."Title for your blog?" That was enough to stop me. Something so personal...what should my blog say? I knew it should express HOPE. Knowing there is hope in every situation, at every place in your life and that hope can never run out. We're adding to our family again: a little girl named Amisha. She will have spent her first three years in an orphanage this coming October 10th. I wonder if she held on to hope... she has a condition called schizencephaly. Her time here on earth will be determined by complications as time passes. For now we will bring her home, love her and hope....

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our first day home!!


After an incredibly long series of flights we arrived home with some sanity and a ton of excitement. Our trip was one that will not ever be forgotten. I couldn't of imagined so much poverty and depravity in one spot.
Amisha has her days and nights confused for now, but was still thrilled to meet her brothers in the morning before sleeping all day. We went in for a quick Dr. visit and we don't have anything but jet lag and longing for home bothering us now. When we got home we did a lice treatment on all of us since we discovered on the way home she was carrying the little critters. She is a little bitter toward Allie and I for abducting her, so for now she is glued to Kyle. She slept with Kelsey for a while last night. Thank goodness for siblings. She can't wait to meet everyone.
Abundant appreciation is to be passed along to everyone who supported our family through prayer and in many other ways throughout this trip. I can't wait to see you in person and give you a great big hug and introduce you to our precious daughter.

5 comments:

Not By Chance said...

Hey!

Amisha looks so happy! Tami told me that Mihika and Amisha were best friends....I'd love to keep the girls in touch! We are hoping to travel to India to bring Mihika home in the spring of 2009...earlier if possible.

We took video of the girls in Feb. 2008 when we traveled to India to bring Anna Dola home. Did Tami give you a copy of the video? If not I'll mail you a copy. You can email me at Susq22@yahoo.com

I hope you all are well. Amisha is beautiful! I was captivated by her smile!

Love,
Susanne

Amanda said...

She looks like she is doing wonderfully. Its great to be home. Hope we can talk soon after everyone is rested. Wait, that might be awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,

You amaze me. I will see you this week.
Amisha looks so cute sitting with the boys. You can tell they already consider her a member of the family..

Try to get some rest, ya right.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb and Allie - I have been following your blog this past week and am so excited to see that you are finally home! Amisha looks right at home with her brothers. Hope to see you all soon! Love - Kim

Kimb;o) said...

Debbie & Allie
I have absolutely loved following along with the two of you on this great adventure! And we are all in awe of your amazing and beautiful girl!! I can't wait to talk to you, but will make myself wait for things to settle down a little bit first... just know that you've all been in our prayers and you will continue to be, of course. God's blessings on all 7 of you!!
All our love,
The Hennigs

"...adoption is a perfect picture of what God has done for each of us in making us His children through Christ" --Steven Curtis Chapman and Mary Beth Chapman