For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope.....

...for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. Romans 8:24-25
While most people start a blog at the beginning of their adoption journey I find myself putting together one at the end. Why? It can be answered by the first question they ask you when you start to put together the blog..."Title for your blog?" That was enough to stop me. Something so personal...what should my blog say? I knew it should express HOPE. Knowing there is hope in every situation, at every place in your life and that hope can never run out. We're adding to our family again: a little girl named Amisha. She will have spent her first three years in an orphanage this coming October 10th. I wonder if she held on to hope... she has a condition called schizencephaly. Her time here on earth will be determined by complications as time passes. For now we will bring her home, love her and hope....

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our last day in India...

Our view outside our window...that's smog, not smoke, by the way!

We are so, so excited to come home and see all of you.

My mom and I both woke up today with "Delhi Belly"--for those of you that don't know what that means, Google should explain it to you :) Amisha also has a small fever and is very likely to have scabies, a contagious parasite that lives just under the skin, so we're anticipating American medical care all too much. And American food!! I haven't had a fresh fruit or vegetable for what seems like forever...I have to walk by at every meal and look at the locals' plates brimming with whatever they want...and look at my own pitiful plate of a donut and toast. Well, their donuts here are excellent, on the positive side!

Amisha has been very restless today; we were friends last night, but friends no more. We're back to being her abuductors :) It's really hard watching how many ways she tries to tell us to take her back--she'll point to the door, point out our window, pull on our legs to get us to stand up, and make noises--but she seems to understand that we aren't swayed, so she's just been sobbing. She's slowly breaking down, as her episodes are less violent and she's more distracted by toys for longer periods of time, but we're looking forward to being on a plane so there is nothing to remind her of the orphanage. It's kind of cute seeing how she's dealing with this like a little girl: "It's my way, or the highway". She'll break this facade sometimes if my mom or I do something funny, but she'll catch herself smiling and quickly scrunch up her face and howl. She's definitely attaching to Mom, as a plus. I offered my hand to her this morning when we took a walk (which I'll tell any of you about in animated detail when we get back, it was probably the most epic culture shock ever) to give her additional support to my Mom's grip and she shoved it away. Well, at least she likes someone!

Mom and I have most of our things packed, and are getting ready for tonight. We'll fly into London sometime during the night, and be on our way back to the good 'ol USA!

I don't have time for pictures right now, so I'll try later...sorry! Internet's been spotty :(

Love you all <3
Allie and Mom

No comments: