For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope.....

...for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it. Romans 8:24-25
While most people start a blog at the beginning of their adoption journey I find myself putting together one at the end. Why? It can be answered by the first question they ask you when you start to put together the blog..."Title for your blog?" That was enough to stop me. Something so personal...what should my blog say? I knew it should express HOPE. Knowing there is hope in every situation, at every place in your life and that hope can never run out. We're adding to our family again: a little girl named Amisha. She will have spent her first three years in an orphanage this coming October 10th. I wonder if she held on to hope... she has a condition called schizencephaly. Her time here on earth will be determined by complications as time passes. For now we will bring her home, love her and hope....

Saturday, October 4, 2008

1st Post

We started our adoption journey back in January 2008. It was a long and refining process for both Kyle and I. Our hearts stopped at one disabled girl all the way on the other side of the world. We wrestled for months with this life changing decision...I know it is a lot for everyone to understand with our house already being a little chaotic. It was Kyle's final word: he just wanted to give someone a home that wouldn't have one. So, we started the long journey to bring Amisha home. With the courts slowing and adoption tightening up, we were surprised to have received guardianship approval, almost the final hoop on the long process on September 24th. The paperwork was received in the United States on Friday, October 3rd. Our estimated plans to travel are November 1st. Allie and I will be going this time. There are 2 other families from the US that will be traveling around then and picking up their children form the same home. More updates soon....

17 comments:

JohnT said...

Thanks Debbie for the info. I am praying for all of you.

theheartofachild said...

What an ADORABLE little girl!!! I can't wait to meet her!

I LOVE how you designed your blog. It will be wonderful to follow your journey!

B&D said...

Kyle, Deb and Family: What a beautiful little girl. We are proud to have her join our family.

Keep us posted as the trip get closer..Love Grandma and Grandpa Etter.

Anonymous said...

Kyle and Debbie,

I was going to call you but it has taken until this time tonight for my emotions to settle down.
I am so happy for all of you.....

Can't wait to see her. Wish I could have made the trip to India with you.

You are the perfect couple for this blessed little girl.
Mom

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to meet our new cousin, Amisha. We hope you have a great journey.

Kristi W. said...

Amisha is gorgeous! I'm so glad you started this blog and I look forward to meeting you in India!!! I didn't realize that Amisha and my daughter Daya are 2 months apart in age. :) I'm praying that our babies' passports are issued this week!!!!

Kristi W.

Amanda said...

Amisha is so gorgeous. I'm hoping to be standing next to you when we meet our children for the first time. It will be a great day.

Anonymous said...

Our family is so happy for you. We will pray for you and cant wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

Our family loves you, we cant wait. We love you and will pray for you

Anonymous said...

Kyle, Deb and Family,
What a breathtaking blog! Words can't even express the excitement we feel for all of you on the arrival of BEAUTIFUL Amisha!!!

Love to All of You!

Peter and Nancy said...

Hi -- I found your blog through Kristi's. Our daughter Anya Rashi came home last December. I can't wait to follow your journey! God bless you as the final pieces fall into place,
Nancy (mom to bio sons Aaron-8 & Nathan-6, and Anya Rashi-21 mo.)

Cindy said...

I am so happy to "meet" Amisha's family through the internet. Luke, my son, is a crib buddy of Amisha's. We have a picture of her with him right before he came home. I am so happy for Amisha and for your family!!

IN Christian love,
Cindy

The Labontes said...

We met Amisha while we were picking up our son last November. What a gorgeous, happy little girl. so glad to hear she has found her forever family
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Debbie - WOW - your blog is breathtaking - she is a beautiful little girl. I have this overwhelming feeling that your love will lead to her healing. Love is so powerful. I'm so excited that she'll finally be with her family. What a lucky little girl. I can't wait to meet her!

P.S. By the way I was crying so hard reading your story, Lauren walked up and said "It's OK Mommy"!

Love ----- Kelly

Karen said...

Amisha won my heart when I met her in India one year ago. She was the sweetest child, and so...sparkly! I am thrilled that she will be on her way home soon!

:)
Karen W.

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbie! She is so precious. Ill be praying for your safety and health as you bring her home. You'll definetly have to bring her around starbucks and introduce her to everyone!
-Jen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amisha!

Bless her heart....Her greatest gift ever will be her chance to have a life with Allie, Kelsey, Matthew, and Jonathan.

Do you think we will spoil her?

Grandma Judy